Saturday, January 9, 2010

Last day

It's done! It's well after 2:00p.m. and both my parents are in the “unknown land”. What in the world? My dad and my mom in a prison camp? I have had my ups and my downs today. My ups was when I was busy with my own kids and my own affairs....my downs was when I would think about them. I just about “Lost it” when I went to the store this evening. In the store, I saw all the things my mom would buy if she were here. She was always at the store....and yes, it was Ray's, and yes, she was always shopping for more than for her and dad! This is the the deal....I had to take the first letter to them form the kids, so I had to go to town. With 8 children and two grandparents that they love it makes for a lot of letters!!!! Anyway, after 2:00p.m. I took the twins with me to the store and they were so happy to be shopping with mommy...(me), so I had to hide my sadness and tears. It worked! They were the cutesiest little happy shopping M&M twins in town! God is good to help in all those little details we need help with....thank you Lord! I know I gotta love the ones here by me just as much as I miss those away from my side!

It was difficult tonight when I knew they were both in jail. I tried to call mom's cell phone...no answer. I cried. I tried to call dad's cell number....no answer again (I must like to make myself cry!) Anyway, I thought to call Troy (my big brother). He was gone and his wife Heather answered. That really was a blessing! I was a mess....so sad, trying to be brave. She said the words I needed to hear! Wow, thanks sister! She reminded me...“Tami, one of the things that your family does that amazed me when I first met you all was that your family could get through difficult times smiling! Always your family was looking at the good, never wavering in your faith or sad or depressed!” (Well, that's my version of her pep talk). It was awesome anyway!!!

So quickly I post and I write, no matter what.....look to Christ, look to the eternal life, no matter what your going through cling to Jesus Christ! There is no way I could survive this without my God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment